05-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #8
badblkX6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
Just got my Akrapovic exhaust tips from fellow forum member(BadblkX6). Very nice and honest member. Highly recommend if he decides to sell any more of his things. But as i was going to install my tips, it was required i take my stock ones off. The 3 examples that the manual showed me were not like mine. My stock dips were not held in by the screw it said it had. Where the screw was said to be, mine was empty. This leads me to the question, are my stock tips welded? though theres no weld marks anywhere, and if anyone has any idea on how to remove the stock tips (not cutting) please let me know. Akrapovic says they do not require any cutting of my stock tips, and im pretty sure they are right, unless mine is special some how.

Thanks!
Hey!

You should have messaged me that you weren't sure how to put them on! I was just checking the forums and saw this.

I originally wondering the same thing when i first got them. How do you remove the stock chrome tips? You are correct, there are no bolts/screws/rivots/or welds.

What you need to do, with two hands is put both hands on the tailpipe and twist the tips off. As you turn, pull towards your body. So for the passenger exhaust tip, you will want to turn counter clockwise (i am pretty sure) and pull towards you. You will want to turn clockwise on the driver side. It takes a little shimmy'ing and pulling, but they will slide right off.

So ideally, when looking at the stock tip, you will want to turn/twist the outside of the tip towards the inside of the vehicle.

Hope this helps and enjoy the tips!

Feel free to PM/email/post up here if you have any other questions!
Appreciate 0