View Single Post
      06-18-2018, 04:28 AM   #1
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

Dealer non-sense and say good bye to my X5 35d

Everything started all the sudden all those warning lights pop up make my dash lit up like a xmas tree. I got chassis/braking stabilization warning, abs malfunction, parking brake malfunction, 4x4 something malfunction about 6 months ago (when I was at oil field, like -45c, -49f). At that point the car hasn't been turned off since last oil change which is like 8 months ago, with that much electronics running in my car and bmw's crappy battery it is very possible the car won't restart in that kind of weather and freeze myself to death.. Anyway.

Went back to Calgary in February, discovered water in the computer (which is under the windshield wiper cover thingy), replaced and fixed most issue. Back to oil field for another month, got a int oil level low warning, have to drive all the way back to Edmonton to see what's going on, dealer reading looks fine and engine oil level is good.

The car runs fine except sometimes the idle is a little bit rough. A month ago that stupid oil level low warning come on again, also have an incorrect exhaust fluid thing going on here. filled the exhaust fluid still telling me no start. Get the car towed back to Edmonton, realize it's a faulty oil level sensor, replaced and drove all the way back to Montreal. Went to an indy shop sent a oil sample that there is coolant in the oil, asked here another member told me that head gasket is not possible to be blown on those engines. Keep driving until 2 nights ago come back to pick up the kids and the car is spewing out shit tons of smoke like a freight train on 40 ouest, loss of power and have to pull over. Called tow truck. Dealer told me I need a new motor, went to indy shop again has been told repair is very expensive.

Car only has 67k km/ 41k mi probably have over 45k hrs engine hours on the motor. Maybe I should not choose this lovely diesel machine as my work truck in the first place.

Car will be in storage unit and I don't have time or intention to fix it. maybe it will be for parts very soon. Since the car hasn't been moving a lot and no one sit in the back seat from the day I drove off the lot, no dings and no scratches should be a pretty good parts car.

Good Bye my X5, maybe I have to replace it with a F250 Limited.
Appreciate 0