View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
lknbimmers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90/G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
I don't have the Dinan stage 2 in my X5, but I did have it in my 335 N54. The power is unbelievable over stock. Gas mileage increased just a tad on the highway as long as you drive it right. As far as the warranty and customer service of Dinan, I have first hand experience. I had the tune put in my car at 20K miles. At 42K I had spun rod bearing #6. Even though I had multiple injector failures and fuel pump failures and 2 coil pack failures ( all which could have possibly caused that cylinder to run hot in addition to the fact that cylinder 6 is the last cylinder to receive coolant) BMW blamed Dinan for the engine failure. The total cost for a new long block was around $13,000 parts and labor installed. Dinan quickly paid in full without any complaints. I would never hesitate on a Dinan product, they stand behind their product and back it with a great warranty.
I have the BMW PPK on the 335. However there are no plans for BMW to introduce a tune for the X5.
Thanks for the information, its comforting to know that Dinan stands behind their product and warranty.
Appreciate 0