03-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #17
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch808 View Post
I just bought my wife a 2012 X5 35ix with m-sport package from Elliott bay Autobrokers.

My wife and I are from SoCal, and I spend a lot of time in NorCal for work. We considered buying from another state, and either driving in, or freight truck. It just didn't work out for a number of reasons. We had to know what we wanted, without some sort of in-person inspection, pictures weren't enough. We didn't want to make repeated trips to CA to find the right vehicle, etc.

Elliott's had about 20 X5's as of a couple weeks ago. Ours was a lease return from Irvine/Tustin area. They are all priced below KBB/Nada. There is no negotiation. But they were fantastic to deal with.

I then used other forum postings to find and add a BMW Gold coverage for it from Passport BMW using Jeff Steel. Super happy with him and his level of service. BMW of Seattle wouldn't even touch Jeff's price, wanting to charge me MSRP, and not budging.

That said, you still have to pay a "use-Tax," which is equal to state sales tax in Seattle. So might as well look local if you can. Flights and transport fees pretty much eliminated any savings we would have gotten buying out of state.

Looking forward to an ESS tune, and the factory tires wearing out to replace with a more comfortable tire without run-flats.
Sounds like a nice purchase. Elliott Bay has the biggest selection of X5's in the state of WA - we test drove 1 there last year and they seemed like good guys. I would buy from them if they had the right configuration, but would still have a PPI done.

A friend of mine was looking at an E46 M3 convertible they had for sale - after running Autocheck on it, it had been registered in 5 states and had an accident/frame damage entry that occurred in NY. So while they have some nice vehicles, they have some sketchy ones too.
Appreciate 0