09-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
BMW has its own line of "aftermarket" parts- it is known as BMW Performance and this is available for the 135 and 335 as a port installed accessory and there will be a dealer kit later on. The BMW performance parts are extremely well designed and are backed by a real BMW warranty not the fake Dinan one. (Look up the Dinan warranty clauses and horror stories) For the 1 and 3 there is additional cooling components required. It is not stated what specifically is involved with the X6 but most would think that BMW also increased the cooling with this package- once someone has a 7RR I would love to see photos of the inner wheel wells, or when the info is in the BMW system what part #'s the 7RR requires and compare with the 1 and 3...

I have researched the stories and most of the time it is a warranty dispute between BMW and Dinan, not an issue with a Dinan part failing. And this is my point if they made an agreement then the issues goes away and the customer gets the best of both worlds. I don't think it would be hard to get Dinan to agree to install BMW approved packages, sure he would like the extra business.
Appreciate 0