04-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #15
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
04.25.21 - Removal of Rear Entertainment System, refresh center console trim pieces, and purchased rear wiper assembly - should be here in a couple days.

OEM+ Plans:
[X] Remount Roof Rack + Snowpack Extender (when needed)
[X] Wheel change from OEM Style 214
[X] 4x4 10.25in Android Infotainment System
[X] Rear Entertainment Delete
[ ] 3rd Row Delete (add back the OEM spare tire kit)
[ ] Rear Cargo Lift Bracket/Strut Kit

Maintenance Plans:
[X] Clean/Condition all Leather Seats
[X] Fix P20EE Error
[X] Replace worn out lower buttons
[X] Remove Phone Cradle!
[X] Replace Center Console Trim
[X] Replace Cup Holder Trim
[ ] Replace Gear Selector "P" trim and Silver trim
[ ] Replace Rear Wiper Arm, Cover
[ ] Headlight Restoration
[ ] Paint Correction (?)
[ ] Pre-LCI rear bumper replacement + Hitch cut out
[ ] Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (?)
[ ] Diagnose Front Brake Squeak

Rear Entertainment System Removal: I honestly wouldn't recommend removing this system unless you have patience and/or really don't want the system. It was very frustrating trying to figure this out as there isn't much information out there on it's removal. In the end, it actually is not a hard removal, just very time consuming. The center console needs to be broken down almost 85% to remove the entertainment bracket. I think I was about 6-8 bolts away from being able to literally take the entire center console out of the vehicle. I really did not want the system, as I would hit my elbow constantly when the screen was down and it just takes up room.

References:
- This YT video for breakdown of the center console was helpful - is not in english and they do not have the rear entertainment system so it was only helpful to a certain point.

- Page 2 post #39 of Evan's build thread goes over the actual rear screen disassembly : https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show...1605036&page=2
Attached Images

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190

Last edited by JDAURIA; 04-26-2021 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0