03-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
jschill31@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkeypimp View Post
Hi, I'm in the same boat.
Ive bought a high-low convertor called the Cache Cloc D. I've figured out a broad plan but cant find where to tap into a remote cable for the amp. Any help would be appreciated - thx
Hello,

First thing get a high end hi-level input like an SLOC ($100). Everything you need to tap into is in the left compartment in the back rear drivers side. My installers tapped into the main input before the amp so that I have constant sub level and not dependent on front/rear fade settings. Also doing it this way allows the built in EQ to work. They mounted my amp in the stow away compartment and gave me a long lead to the 12" sub as well as mounting my bump knob in the strange little indented area in the center council. The B & O system is more than enough to run the rest of the speakers. Only need to add a sub and amp...it sounds amazing. I have been in car stereo for over 30 years and my X6M has he best factory staging I have ever heard...just needs a sub. Total cost for a decent 400w mono amp, sub and enclosure should be less than $800 at any shop except if you are in So-Cal.

Cheers