View Single Post
      02-24-2015, 12:38 AM   #5
P6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M sold, X5M sold, X6M current

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch808
KW v3's and a cheap Taiwanese coilover from D2.

No camber plates that I know of, though BMW makes camber arms in -0.5, 0.0, and +0.5 deg increments for the fronts. Usually used after an accident.

At the end of the day, it's probably the worst car to run at a track, unless this is a one-off effort. too heavy, high CoG, and too heavy. :-P
Yes I'm serious. I tow my spec Miata with my X5M. Just met a guy who tracked his X5M a month ago at Texas World Speedway. Ran a 2:05 which is awesome for a 5,000+ lb brick. He did it for fun. His time attack S2000 was getting some work done. His mods were SRF and a Dinan tune.

I got the X5M partially as insurance if my Miata experienced a breakdown at a HPDE event. Hate to waste a paid weekend. Why not roll up to the grid in a steroid pumping grocery getter and embarrass half the cars there. Wanted to get more opinions from those who have tracked theirs. Clearly the brakes are the weak link. And front camber adjustment. Fluid, track pads and a square setup would help. A tune would make it competitive on the straights but exacerbate braking issues. I have no illusions that this truck can take a 30 minute pounding without issues. I would set the horses free for a couple hard laps and bring her home early.
Appreciate 0