View Single Post
      05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #8
fl335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

No go. I got undercarriage pics last night from the owner in CO. No rust, real clean. However there is a good size oil leak. He refuses to acknowledge the oil leak and told me it was undercoating, not oil. It was clearly oil. All over the bell housing. Clear as day in the pic. And he was supposed to get the dealer to check the a/c out and came back with no paper work and "they think it's a hose leak". And he would only come down to $11k. The AC probably needs a new compressor and evaporator plus any hoses that are leaking. I've been down the "converting R12 old Toyotas to R134" road before. Always ended in the same point. Spent a ton of money and still don't work, or work but don't work very well. Normally you have to do new lines, compressor and flush the evaporator and condenser. Replace every part except the two radiators is the idea. Cost you $2k just in parts. So between the oil leak, the unknown a/c problems and the fact I had to transport it 1,900 miles to FL, plus pay 7% sales tax when I tag it here in FL.... and his 11k price just didn't make sense to me. and this is all before I even get to go through the car and find other normal maintenance items and small items that would come up. NO thanks. I'll finish my 335i and count my money. I think the guy is not a hands on kind of guy and just has a lot of sentimental value in the car. A "mint" top retail car should not be leaking oil all the way back to the muffler and have no a/c.
'07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, Macht Schnell Downpipes, 18" Staggered 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Dinan Oil Cooler, Dinan Intercooler, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Blend V1 mount, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by fl335i; 05-05-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0