Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
Does this apply to all tyre sizes?
I have run high pressures in non runflats as well, this works for family sedans also, but remmeber we are talking about average driving speed here not vehicles on race tracks where tyre pressure starts to build up.

The info on 6psi etc is from tyre industry sources, the average tyre pressure is around 34 -36psi for fronts & 32-34psi rears. I ran on average 43psi on last 35d for 2 years and then dropped them down to 40psi for the last 12 months , I got 68,000klm, the rears were worn on the inner edge bad but that's the nature of the rearend of a X5.

Remember you can run higher psi in runflats because of the thick sidewall. I will run my M50d at 45psi fronts & 41psi rears for the first 12 months and then check wear patterns. The diesel is a heavy motor in the front of these X5's.

PS. I picked my X5 M50d up last Friday, I check the tyres this afternoon and they had 52psi in them, thats because they are pumped up high while the X5 sat on a ship for 4 weeks so the tyres don't get flat spots and the dealer never checked them at pre-delivery................! rears had 47psi in them.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.

Last edited by watrob; 07-03-2012 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0