View Single Post
      01-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
The 28 seconds chuck quoted is the 'worst case' condition (based on user feedback on this forum).

You will notice that the iDrive system will take different amounts of time depending on what was used on it last (before you turned off your car). It also depends on if you have a music CD in the CD player or put a CD with compressed music files in the drive (e.g. MP3s). The system will try and read the directory structure and other bits and pieces.
There are a LOT of factors that will influence how long it takes for the system to boot up. For now, be happy if your system boots up this fast, it may or may not stay that way!
Agreed. Also keep in mind, the the system is not fully ready for a while. I am not sure of the boot order, but the last items to load and work are the Bluetooth for the phone and voice commands which take a couple minutes past what appears to be iDrive completely loaded.

I have learned that if I think I need the cam I unlock with remote far away. If I don't I get in and drive.

I do know it is impoossible to see anything on the cam for at least 10 seconds as this is the timeout for the accept screen to go away.