View Single Post
      01-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #26
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

I only have the bluetooth option. No need for nav. or sat music. I have a separate navigation sys. that I already use on my other cars. Now, even a PC boots for a longer period of time if a lot of programs are loaded into the resident memory. Maybe the Idrive processor needs more time when more features are added. If Bill Gates himself couldn't figure out the slow boot, why would BMW?

I have a Sony Nav-U system that is not that a quick booter either. The waste of time is not coming mainly from the boot up (but it adds to total time) but from hooking with the sattelites. If my location is not that optimal for sat. signal receiving, I have to wait even more than 3 minutes to have the nav sys operational. Maybe the actual Idrive doesn't want to show the initial display before having all features loaded. .and that's a bummer. . . bummer bimmer . Maybe they should have coded a message that pops on the screen saying "system will be alive in a few minutes" I think BMW should have made an Idrive that loads the basic stuff right away. .like reverse camera. . and inform the driver that sat nav is waiting for sat signal. . .let the driver use the Idrive right away, for backing up and starting the music, and let the damn sattelites load later. .come on, you don't need 6 sattelites to get off your driveway onto the main road.

Last edited by akraptor; 01-13-2009 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0