Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
congrats on getting this done finally
I knew it was in works for a while but as many other things
This is also on my list to do eventually!
Good call on brand new Air Bag, I'm sure it wasn't cheap!
Not sure I understand why you got the M version of the wheel as you already had regular version from f10, those M buttons wont do anything on 35i unless they reused for other purpose?
Me on other hand I will must have the M version having an M.
If I recall correctly from the installation instructions on that Lithuanian site that sells the adapter it will require some kind of drilling
Is that still the case?

Once again, congrats brother!
Thanks man!!

The M version was just because the price was the same as the other version and liked the look better, both f10 styles where M wheels this one was just the newest style, I'm making an M sport out of mine as it where, and not trying to make an M clone just making it my own and not getting caught up in the whole M stuff doesn't belong on a non M car, having owned many BMW's now I'm sooooo over the whole M not an M thing just love modding . It will never where an M badge on the deck lid so no posing their hell it isn't wearing any badge their anyhow . However that 135is I had a bit ago had so many Factory M badges you'll drown in them! Lol.

The M buttons are up for grabs and will be used for extra features I can program in, like the heated wheel option. For example the M1 button will be used for heat and the steering wheel will vibrate once for on and twice for off. And will have an extra button to program whatever else. Trust me if I'm spending what I'm spending on these small mods I'm making sure I get the most out of them ! Don't want any useless buttons anywhere. Having the M buttons also made the best sense as their kind of generic anyway so that way the button i program with a different function won't look like a auto cruise button and be confusing. So to me the M1 and M2 stands for "MULTIFUNCTION - 1" and "Multifunction 2".

The drilling is to make the little flap so that it will click off your turn signal. Instead of drilling and using a screw I'm actually forming a metal flap so it will look identical to the flap that's their.
It will serve the same purpose as the screw just executed differently.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0