View Single Post
      07-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Update!

Got the wheel on and absolutely love it! The scroll wheel works great and I can custom make it work as a volume knob and the + & - work as next track or swap it so the scroll wheel works as next track and so on.

The cruise control now works from the steering wheel vs the lever so I will be removing the lever and filing the hole. One less lever will be nice.

Working with car systems on making a custom software to use the M1 and M2 buttons for heat and whatever else that comes to mind as well as getting the paddles to work.

All in all very happy and updates the interior Nicely !

Also a big plus was getting rid of the recalled airbag as it be 2+ years to get a new one and not wanting to drive around with a shrapnel grenade in front of me.

Well starting a new project, and not wanting to wait 2 years for a air bag recall so I decided on adapting this wheel to the e70. It will have full functionality and cruise control will also work from the wheel so I can get rid of that unergonomic stalk behind the wheel. Also will have vibration control for heat, will vibrate once for on and twice for off.
The roller wheels for music and such will work soooooooo much better and also pair better with the NBT EVO system as well. As well as having a safe airbag.

Should look pretty sick when all completed. Will also compliment the round features in the interior better. I think for the most part the steering wheel in my X5 is one of the things that date the interior the most.

I would also like to thank motive mods and car systems for making the tech possible to do this swap.
Motive mods do the shift paddles and car systems make the module for the steering wheel controls.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
bandwagn232.00
cncmastr1590.00
Nexo13.00
TTV8M122.50