Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
So looks like I'm all over, not sure what needs to be done here!

First things first. Use these specs:

Front:

Height - 30 inches from ground to bottom of fender
Rebound - 6 clicks from full closed
Compression - 6 clicks from full closed. This should be one full turn of the adjuster from closed. If it's not just do one full turn.

Rear:

Height - 30 inches from ground to bottom of fender
Rebound - 8 clicks from full closed
Compression - 6 clicks from full closed. This should be one full turn of the adjuster from closed. If it's not just do one full turn.

How to adjust height:

Make sure your rear links are exactly the same length. If not it will throw everything off sensor/bag wise. They are super easy to remove. Make sure the car is asleep so the sensors do not go crazy. Go under your car behind your rear wheels, you will see them. 2 bolts (I think they are 8mm) each side and they come right out. Finger tight. Then measure them and make sure they are the same height. Based on your measurements set up your driver link to match your passenger, which is just about 30 based on your measurements.

Now for the front. Again super easy to adjust, but you will need to jack up your car. No need remove the wheel. Just do one front at a time using the jacking point behind the front wheel. Once uncompressed slide your arms above your tires and you should see/feel the shock with the adjustment nut on the bottom of the spring. It will require an Allen wrench to loosen the lock on it. Then just use your coilover wrench and spin it up. Your driver side is fine. Just spin your passenger side 2 complete turns to start. Do complete turns using the lock as a guide so it's easy to track.

After that you will have to drive around for a bit so everything settles. Then measure again. Your fronts will probably need some adjustment because your rears were not matching and that changes their height. Just have patience and you will be good to go in about an afternoon's worth of work.

Adjusting compression/rebound:

First you have to fully close them, righty tighty. Then back off until they reach there first click. This will be home base. They will close a hair past this click so look for it. Now just follow my specs above to set them. For front rebound you will have to remove the plastic panels covering the shock towers to get to it. For rear rebound they are accessible once you move the carpet under your trunk floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
I should hopefully have everything installed by then. Regarding your KW's not being the same height on all 4 corners, go to M5guy(Kimo's) page for proper measurements

I'll be with my buddy in the M3 for Mpact
Thanks! I posted the specs above for him.

Awesome info, thanks Kimo
Appreciate 0