View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #16
cd85233
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 N63

Just an update. I took the turbos out and applied about 10 PSI to them and the flap was wide open. Did some back yard engineering and tightened down the flap inside, adjusted the rod and shimmed the connection between the waste gate and the rod. Took it out for a drive the first night and everything was great. I am inclined to believe I was getting almost no boost before...Now I can hear the BOV going off which is awesome.

New issue is misfire on Cylinder 6. I was concerned I was over boosting since the flap was pretty closed off. Swapped coil between 6 and 7. 7 Is now giving me a misfire. More than likely coils needed to be redone a while ago. Ordered 8 coils and 8 plugs for under $200 (all OEM) from rock auto. Should be an incredible increase in power.

All-in-all it took me about 12 hours to do the job. I didn't have to take the cat pipes off but probably would have been easier. If I have to replace them again It should take me half the time since I know what I'm doing and I setup the clamps so I can take it apart. 12 hours and about $1 worth of copper sheets for shim and some copper wire to tighten down the flap. Not sure if copper was the best thing to do but it seemed fine.

Thanks for the help from others!
Appreciate 1
Colodano130.50