View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
MonteCarloX5///M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

Throttle issues from a standstill

Hi everyone,

I've encountered this issue a few times since I've had the car. From a red light, I'll essentially give it full throttle without hitting the throttle button with the pedal (the best way I can describe it is I give it about 80-90% throttle, but I won't click the throttle button). The issue is this. When I do that, obviously I reach around 4-5k rpm before the car automatically tries to shift to second. Just before it tries to shift to second, the car will sort of "bog" or jerk a bit, at which point I let off the throttle and just drive normally. This doesn't really happen when I have it in S mode or when I shift manually (but to be honest, I just don't really recall whether it does or not in those modes), and I can't remember exactly if it happens only once and then the car is fine afterwards for some time. Also, I thought it may be my traction control, but I turned it off this morning just to test it and lo and behold, it did it again. The car has 32,500km and is a 2013. All maintenance has been done and I do an oil change every 7-9k.

Anyone encounter something similar or have any suggestions?

For a bit of clarification, I can go WOT without any issues from any other gear. Going from 1st to second while giving >80% throttle from a standstill is when I SOMETIMES experience the issue.
Appreciate 0