View Single Post
      12-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #17
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
Well wouldn't you believe it, my breaks squeak all the way to the dealer. I get there and they ask me to take an engineer on a quick test drive to hear the noise, and it's gone!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's no longer there, although after the test drive I did hear a slight squeak but nothing like before.

At least the engineer was kind enough to tell me that he'll take the wheels off and check out the breaks when I take it into have the idrive update on the 7th.

As for the cabin noise, don't know if it's isolated to certain models. I doubt it's the 50i engine that makes the extra noise in the cabin but I'll have a word with them on the 7th.

What annoys me is that I was in a ML AMG bought 2 months ago and we hit 215km/hr and I couldn't believe my ears! Barely a sound in the cabin apart from a slight whirring of the engine. No wind at all!!! Same goes for a Lexus GS that I drove.

For the amount of money we pay for this car, I really did expect much better in terms of isolation.
I think a lot of the cabin noise is due to the 20" performance run flats. The Lexus and ML come standard with high profile truck tires.

However, I was surprised at the cabin noise when on the highway with concrete roads.

Funny thing is when I run across an asphalt highway it is dead quiet. So I believe there is some resonation from the tires.

Keep in mind, my 330 vert, and 645ci coupe were noisier on the highway than the X6 and they road much rougher.

Last edited by chuck92103; 12-29-2008 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0