Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_NJ View Post
Damn thats nice!
I have the same setup and am currently getting 21.
Is there any truth to it getting better over time?

Granted, I work about 4 miles away and there are about 10 traffic lights which always seem to be red, so I always seem to be accelerating which doesnt help.
It does get somewhat better after several thousand miles, but the key difference here is that I don't have to commute to work every day (I work from home). If you have your iDrive screen set to display the "immediate" average miles per gallon, you can watch it tick downwards while you're idling at a light. For you, using ASS might help. The other thing is light throttle application - just drive smoothly and avoid WOT unless you absolutely need "full military power". Even when passing out on the highway, there's more than enough torque to get by someone quickly with just a light increase of throttle. I drive mostly in comfort mode, although I have noticed there's not a lot of difference in mileage around town in Sport mode - but on the highway, Sport won't go into 8th gear (2nd overdrive) unless you move the lever over to "manual" and shift it manually. Of course, if you're on a long trip on the highway, Sport really is superfluous (unless the highway has lots of curves!).

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0