View Single Post
      04-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I need this in ///My life because I need to replace mine as well. The pipes in the bottom picture I've replaced already, but the pipes in the upper picture need to be replaced now as well. I was also thinking of doing something like silicone on #3 from the upper picture, but your idea sounds like it'll ultimately last longer. I've had random reduced power warnings and the smell of oil burning pretty much since I've gotten my X5M, even after replacing some of those lines and a new vacuum pump.

Have you thought about replacing ALL the vacuum lines with something silicone as well? After watching videos of people testing boost leaks on 335's, it seems like all this cheap rubber is a bad idea. Even after a stage 2 tune I'm still not getting over 17psi.

I'm familiar with all the X5M pics, so I can tell the differences where you switched from X5M to M5 pics. I'm curious if you've got plans to incorporate this into the custom intake you just had made because it's going to affect my overall plans of replacing ask the remaining plastic lines, getting an intake made like yours and if doing a catch can setup needs to be worked into it for they long term fix.

Last edited by m5james; 04-04-2016 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0