View Single Post
      11-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
jplatt83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpie89 View Post
So I got my front windows tinted today on the X5M. Had the installer use a light meter on the back windows and they were a little lighter than I expected. Around 30%. He used a 35% ceramic film on the front windows and it looks pretty good.

My question is about the windshield. I want to keep it classy and not go crazy dark. I also want to improve the contrast on the HUD. I was thinking either 50% or 70%. What do you guys think? Is 50 too dark??

Also- my car is registered in PA but rarely spends any time there. Inspection stickers are required. Should I have the installer cut around those that way they can be replaced every year? What about EZ-Pass? Should I install around that, or remove the 3M Double sided tale and reinstall over the film.

I don't think the automatic high beam sensor should be effected.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advanced !!
You will definitely get a ticket with 50% on the windshield. I have 70% and it's perfect. You can tell it's tinted but doesn't draw bad attention from cops. I also have darker interior and black exterior which makes the tint to appear darker. If you have a light color interior the illusion will not look as dark
Appreciate 0