View Single Post
      06-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #43
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Baseline Dyno Run

I decided to go ahead and get to the dyno. I couldn't figure out where to find a spot to get a boost reading. I do plan to have methanol injection eventually, so I tapped a couple spots on the charge pipe and put a nipple to get some boost readings during the dyno. Here is that process.

I took off all of the hose clamps, unplugged the BPVs and took off the one 10mm bolt that holds the chargepipe on. This whole process probably took 1hr from start to finish.

I decided to drill right here, as it should be out of the way of the normal flow of the turbo and it looked like a good flat spot, not obstructing anything. Also, easy to get to when the charge pipe is mounted on the engine.

Buttoned up with some new hose clamps and ready to go. Plug in one side and nipple for boost reading on the other.

So far, I have a Velos Tune, K&N Filters and de-kitty'd. It was probably pulling some timing,. When it gets into boost, there are fluctuations of about 40ft-lb and a little fluctuation in boost. Maybe the tune is a bit aggressive. I was actually impressed that boost (Green Line) seems to keep increasing nearly through redline.

Last edited by e36bmer; 06-02-2017 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0