06-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #84
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc Dito View Post

The shop installed the coil-overs but I had to put the aero kit installation on hold for 2-3 weeks. The local body shop wanted a little more than what I wanted to spend so Im taking it to another shop I deal with.

I drove the X this morning and was impressed! I was expecting the ride to be horrible (I always assume the worst with these things) but it felt just a tad bit firmer and better than my wife's E90 haha. I drove for about 10 minutes and local streets only. The shop is actually going to adjust the height a bit higher once we get the wheel studs and spacers on. Then I need to drive to let it break in, and then align and re-adjust to my liking. I think that 19" wheels with doofy tires (or proper tires) help a ton with the comfort. Now im questioning going onto 20's =/ . If I can make 20's work with some meatier tires, and not look like Im going off-roading, maybe..

I added one pic to the "what have you done" thread. Hopefully i can get that aero kit on ASAP
That looks sweet! Nice and low! I'll have to check out that kit. If My x5d could handle like my 335d, my 335d would be in trouble, because I already like my x5d a lot more. Just the balance of my 335d and the power it has make it better still.

I'll likely be going with 20s with 275/40 front and 315/35 rear on my x5d I think that'll be plenty meat to handle the torque when I delete and tune.

That suspension will probably settle in nicely though, and pair with the aero kit will look extra aggressive!