03-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by selectiveins View Post
@cb4 I have a 3yr old. How do the 2nd row seats get affected by adding in the 3rd row?
How old are your kids, if you dont mind me asking, just so I know how much leg room there is.
The downside is that the second row seats sit higher when the third row option is installed. This reduces the headroom. For me 6'3", I was unable to comfortably sit in the middle. The left and right seats were fine.

The upside is that the second row is adjustable.Both forward and back as wells as the recline. You can't adjust the 2nd row without the 3rd row option.

I encourage you to find a BMW center with both the third row and without. I was on the fence on this option until I was able to A-B compare.

We have 2 boys (4 and 6). They are tall boys. I believe these seats will work for them for at least 6 more years.

The third row was a huge plus for us. There are times when we need to fit 4 or 5 adults as well as the two boys. This is for around town shopping and trips downtown to the theater or museums. For long halls into the mountains it's only the 4 of us and the third row will be down.

I compared the q7, MDX, and x5 3rd rows. Honestly all three are good for kids only. The X5 3rd row do the job for our needs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers and good luck!
Appreciate 0