05-29-2017, 06:06 AM   #37
Charlieborg
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Sorry for the slow reply. Here's what I found out, FWIW. Service Manager explained to me that this is pretty bad design and they get this problem all the time (surprise). He explained the two most occurring causes.

Most of the time it's the sensor in the spindle motors. Both sides must work in synchronicity, otherwise the tailgate stops. So if one spindle motor builds any friction, then they get out of synch and they are programmed to stop. The fix, for them, is to replace the spindle motor(s) (see realoem/x5/body/trunklid/item4 with auto trunklid feature) until it works properly. I'd guess they'd have to replace in unison to guarantee they work in synch. It's possible for me that they only replaced one and then I had the problem again shortly after.

The second problem is a module in the software loop. This module is located on the bottom right of the trunklid. Apparently it can get damp and fail.

Jeremy
I searched for the realoem/x5/body/trunklid/item4 with auto trunklid feature. Does anyone have a link for that?
Appreciate 0