View Single Post
      04-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #31
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Are these operated by electric motors or hydraulics? The GF's 08 535xiT operated by hydraulics and completely had a mind of it own...sometimes it'd open, sometimes it'd close, sometimes it'd open 3/4 the way and make me open the rest manually, sometimes it wouldn't close unless I pushed it downwards and 1/4 of the way and then hitting the button would allow it to close the rest of the way on its own.

The solution was to top off and bleed the hydraulics system. Even though I saw no leakage in the hatch area, it was down on fluid...not enough fluid caused it to suck in air bubbles, hence ALL of it's erratic operations. Haven't had a single problem since with it.

If it's electronic, then I'm at a loss...sorry and hopefully you guys figure it out. Maybe reset the iDrive and/or adjust open/close distance settings to see if changes will somehow cause the system to force new things to happen.
Appreciate 0