View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #9
tripperm
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi S3, E46 M3, Ford Ranger

Hey, I know that I'm super late to the party but I just traded my 2008 E90 M3 for a 2016 Audi S3.

I had owned the M3 for a little less than two years. During that time I had to add a qt of 10w-60 every 1k miles give or take. The car was fantastic, but I feel like the E90 M3 can't be truly enjoyed without taking it to a track. All the power comes so late that I just found my self put putting to work in an really expensive 3 series that sounds amazing! In addition I was just not "in love" with the E90 the way that I am with my E46 M3.

Beyond that the E90 was "fuck you" expensive. I have all of my service/maintenance done at a local inde shop, and even still everything was far more expensive than anything that I had to deal with on the E46.

Maybe (probably) I got an E90 that had been beaten on, not cared for properly or both. Either way I landed on the S3 because I wanted something with a warranty and I can't afford an F80 M3.

I'll cut it here assuming that no one is going to have a look at this thread. but if anyone cares for me to go into more detail about either car, I would be happy to!
Appreciate 0