Quote:
Originally Posted by serge1 View Post
Thanks for replies.

So far, the pros are:
-Carbon build up would be much less.
-Fuel economy will improve.
-You wont have to add urea,
-No worry about nox sensors or scr cats

"Horsepower would go from 265 to over 350" is already achieved by Ecotune without DPF delete. Or is there yet another increase past that?

Whats the hp/tq increase without Ecotune (not sure exactly what that is), just DPF delete?
You are correct, with the current tune the hp quoted to be around 350, depending on the dyno of course. Without the DPF the horsepower will increase even more as there's less backpressure. How much more is currently unknown. Once the 335d folks will report with dyno number we shall know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Inspection complications is my main hangup with this. I'm in VA and we have an OBDII check and all of the monitors have to show "ready" or "completed" The testing facility will ask if you've recently cleared the ecu of a code and will tell you to drive the car until all of the monitors have set their readiness. Ecotune have not commented on what the monitors show with their DPF delete/tune. TDIwyse reported that the monitors would not set readiness and therefore you won't pass OBDII check. When Ecotune can address this, I'll be a buyer.
I understand your concern about obd readiness. Perhaps in the future this may be circumvented, but currently would fail.
Appreciate 0