Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihani View Post
So I got the TOYO Proxes ST II, same size as the stock bridgestones for front and back. First impression: All smiles, made the biggest different, felt like a new car. I had a huge grin driving it again. Stay with me hear: everything is going great, then I notice that the rear doesn't look as wide as the stock tires. How could that be? they're both 315's! But it just doesn't look as wide! So now I'm reading that some 315's are wider than others, some 295's are even wider than 315's....Ok, then i turn the front wheels and i hear something making contact inside the wheel well. Weird. Something isn't right. I'm taking it back in tomorrow. Any thoughts? I'm very disappointed.
I can't comment on the rubbing issue, but the width issue i may be able to explain. The stock tires Dunlops are a very flat profile tire. Meaning the contact area is very flat. Some other tires round up a bit more at the edges where the blocks are. I know when I had Vreds on my other X5 I noticed they did not look as wide as the dunlops. i measures both tires and they were the same width (cross section) but because the Vreds had a totally different tread pattern and edge block design they actually looked not as wide. Could be the same effect you are seeing.

Appreciate 0