11-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

DINAN suspension for 2011 X5M: Review

All,

I finally got my X5M back after over a week of trying to get an inspection sticker. Crazy bad luck I have with these things.

Anyways, while it was in the shop I had the Dinan suspension installed. The stance is going to take time to settle, but the initial look on the outside is significantly lower than what I was expecting. Dinan states about less than an inch. But it easily looks over an inch front and rear.

You can definitely tell there is a drop by looking at it. In comparison next to an X1. It is almost the same height. Needless to say, the drop is noticeable.

In addition to this setup you can actually adjust the rear more, which is neat. I guess Dinan released a new kit for the car and it does not include the rear set up, bushings and self leveling adjustment.

From the driver seat, the stance, angle and view down the hood is so much better than OEM. I feel like I can see more of the road in front of me. The steering although unrelated, feels so much better. The turn in and dive into a corner almost feels like I am in my M3. There is absolutely zero body roll from what I can tell at least. The X5 just feels smaller than it really is now.

Even going over bumps, dips or turning out of a shopping area onto a main road the car does not rock or bounce anymore.

Ride comfort has definitely not been sacrificed by any means and is actually a lot better in my opinion.

The backed feels more planted and solid with daily driving. Before it just felt a little floaty and bloated if that makes any sense on the highway or above 45mph.
This is all observed in the Highest M settings.

In addition to having the ESS software, for some reason the car just feels so much faster with the suspension modifications.

Also, AJ and Roman were kind enough to help when we were having a major issue with the inspection.

They stepped up to the plate like they have in the past when I was in a time of need and delivered 100% on assistance and service.

I will continue to progress once I spent some more time with it. I am very happy though. Lastly, thank you to BMW Norwell. To Tom Toppan and Brian the Dinan tech on the work they did.

They are an amazing dealer. Have done all the SC and Dinan work to my E90 M3 and now the work has begun on the X5M.

If you are in the Boston area, this is my go to dealer. Service and attention to detail is impeccable. I was going to NORWOOD for a year or so prior and got so fed up with the service quality. Steve Richard and Matt the Dinan tech are great guys and wish they were down here.

Cheers all. If considering suspensions, I highly recommend the Dinan. It was well worth the cost.
Appreciate 0