View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
moe2010
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M sport

Parking Brake malfunction

I got "Parking Brake Malfunction" couple of times ,then I got following 3 in the same time , restart the car reset the errors:
-Braking/chassis stabilization malfunction -FTM system error - Parking Brake malfunction.
Dealer did scan the car , found the error come from left front speed sensor .they said corroded pins on it.they swapped left and right to see speed sensor or some thing else is root cause , they order new speed sensor any way .I will be there next week to put the new sensor.
My car just has 5k milage on it .
another interesting part is the way the wiring harness connected to these sensors behind front wheel .no shied on the wire and all pretty naked .I am going to put waterproof tape when the dealer finish their job .
I got from others that most likely these errors triger because the wiring harness is so tight in the front passenger side but mine came from left driver side . I am not sure but will update next week of what dealer find .so far I got the same errors twice .I have no idea why 6 months old car with 5k milage has corroded pins ,may be they are not water proof and washing the car and wheels cause this .hope this help !
Appreciate 0