09-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #10
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackX5 View Post
1 more question. I am now looking at a 2012 50i but it has the smaller wheels. He said 18 and 19 on rear. So, is the only difference just the wheel size or does the larger wheels also come with a heavier anti sway bar and tighter springs..? If it's just wheels I might just swap out wheels.. but I don't want to mess with sway bars. Getting too old to buy any vehicles that are not the way I want them. I'd rather just get the right one from the beginning. Thanks!
Sway bars have nothing to do w/ X5 packaging.

The E70 xDrive50i comes in 3 trims - Base, Sport, & M Sport. The Base has 18 inch wheels standard, nothing else optional.

The Sport and M Sport come standard with 19 inch wheels, and those wheel styles are different based on trim. 20" wheels are optional with both Sport and M Sport, and again those 20" wheel styles are different based on trim.

If you get the Sport Package over Base you get more than just the bigger wheels, you get the fender flares, sport steering wheel, anthracite headliner, shadowline window trim...maybe something else I'm missing. M Sport adds the painted body trim, different body kit, M Sport door sills, M Sport Steering wheel, ///M dead pedal...and Jerez Black paint is available only with M Sport models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackX5 View Post
Is it normal to cut the bumper out when installing a hitch. ? It should be good for towing a car though.
That's the OEM hitch kit. I think it's ridiculous that the bumper has to be cut, but yes that's how that kit works. There are other options available. I did the Execuhitch...no bumper cutting, and no receiver hitch showing when not in use.
Appreciate 0