View Single Post
      07-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #47
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Thanks for your response. Makes me feel a little better. The mileage is a tad on the high side but given the fact it's a diesel I'm ok with that. My DD is an E46 with 168k on it and I've practically rebuilt the whole car aside from the engine and it runs like a champ. My E60 M5 had 99k before I sold it. My point is that maintenance is no problem for me to handle so higher mileage isn't too scary for me. And yes my budget is my limitation to low mileage vehicles. After looking at X5s with 20-30k for $35-40k I'm still convinced id never buy a new BMW even if I had the cash to do so.
The other way of seeing is, how the car was driven. A car that is say a 2011 or 2012 model with 75k means it was driven a lot on the highways, which is signficantly less wear than say a 2007 model with 75k miles driven in the city.

Case in point is my in-law's 2005 Honda Odyssey. It has 60k miles on it, but it was purely used as a city car in SF and it is beaten like a red headed step child of a ranging alcoholic step dad. Geez, that thing rattles, never has proper tire inflation, scraped wheels, a ton of dents and scrapes and a leak in the windshield seal.