View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by X RaTeD M View Post
When I checked with them last week they mentioned they had a tune only in 11s and another tune only with 22s with a low 12.

I'll be shooting for 11s come spring on pump gas! I pulled a 12.8 manual mode bouncing 2nd gear on 90 OCTANE bone stock with stock tires and rims. Unfortunately, it rained out and that was the only run I was able to get off on the last day of the season.
Interesting... does their tune increase the rpm when using launch control?

The only thing keeping me from 11s on pump gas is my launch. My track has terrible prep and my best 60ft is a 1.83. The renntech record holder for 91 and I'm guessing a race tune have hit 1.6xx 60fts which are crazy. They either had great track prep or they are raising the rpms with their launch control. This scares me at the same time because I've heard of axels snapping trying to launch these monsters.

I'm curious if the tune only velos truck is bone stock besides the tune. I'm planning on getting rid of my oem tires and wheels in the spring and going light weight to shed some more weight. I weighed my truck with me in it at the track and it was 5500 on the nose. Should drop a little more time with the weight savings. Those run flats are heavy as hell.