04-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #142
udmx6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7, i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
I've ordered the M door sills. The dealer's computer cannot confirm the color of the fog light surrounds. But since there is only one choice, odds are its not black. Then we have the exhaust issue. Black chrome tips can be ordered but I'm not going that route. Which brings me to a question for fellow board members...

When has BMW ever offered a car under the M auspices (M technik, M-sport and now M performance pack) that didn't include a sportier exhaust? Right?

My 550i came with a "sport" muffler that I believe simply deleted the valve that opens as you rev so that it was throaty at start up as well.

I'm aware that I can tie up the exhaust valve on the 3.5i to keep the valve open. I'll give it a try b/c you pay $4,400 for an M performance car with 330 ft. lbs. of torque and its sounds like a Corolla when you start it up!

I may take a credit for the black exhaust tips and use it toward the performance muffler for the car which is ... $2k OUCH and should have been included in the M performance package already... It has black V8 exhaust tips and comes with primered surrounds that have to be installed to accommodate the larger exhausts tips.

I'll continue to post info. on this as it may effect other X6 owners who order the M pack.

Regards,
DRP
You are able to confirm an engine upgrade?

Maybe there is a sticker under the hood, something like this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0