View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmercer74 View Post
I've got a 2010 X5 30i and would like to buy a set of used Y-spoke 214's, but want to use them year round. Am I going to only find sets with winter tires? If I run them year round, are the mpg's going to be severely affected or wear quickly? If I can find wheels only, what year round tires are recommended? Thanks in advance for any info/advice!
Some people (not many) have pulled off the 214's so that they could upgrade to 336's or others. It would be logical that most do that after thy have worn through a set of tires so you may have to wait a bit. The 214's ARE an upgrade that you have to pay for when you order the truck so most people who have them went the extra distance to buy them for the additional $'s at the time of purchase. I've seen these with decent all season tires on them for around $2,500 on here and other sites. If you DO buy them from someone as a set of 'take offs' you are probably (90% likely) to end up with the Bridgestone Dueler's that BMW puts on those wheels from the factory so you may not have a lot of choice in tire brand if you are buying used.
Appreciate 0