View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #124
Pex5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i

Hmmm...

Cars in. Saw it for a hot minute in the lot (rainy day - shipping spacer ride height .... it will look better on delivery - the 336 rims are nice).

Here's what's odd though: both the front fog light surround and rear tailpipes (circular) are silver - not black. The build your own images show the car with black fog surrounds and black chrome tailpipes.

I wonder if this is a glitch b/c its one of the 1st 13's?

I'll attempt to order the black surrounds tomorrow from Circle BMW and also inquire as to whether the retrofit oval exhaust kit is now available in black?

Last thing. I'm excited about the car and its beautiful, but it sounds like a subcompact on startup? I know there is an exhaust valve that can be tied open, but I've also read that the kit to retrofit the oval V8 tips to a 3.5 removes said valve entirely, thereby giving you the open sound at startup.

We drove the V8 and the sounds out the exhaust were deliciously burly and brutish. She thought it sounded like a man's car - I agreed. But this 3.5 sounds like an electric car. I was hoping that the M performance pack might have included a performance muffler...but it definitely does not.

I'll post some pics after delivery.

Regards,
Dr.
Appreciate 0