View Single Post
      03-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #15
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

So I started this thread last October and now that spring is right around the corner, so is a major detail which means I need to decide what to do with my current clear bra.

I had a top-rated detail/film shop in the Seattle area (Metropolitan detail in Bellevue for those local to me) take a look at my vehicle recently, and they confirmed my film has 1) done a great job at protecting the front end of my X5, but 2) is completely faded/yellowed/worn out. He was pretty certain it's VentureShield, which doesn't seem to be one of the preferred films?

I was quoted roughy $2500 for a full front Xpel wrap (full hood and fenders) - this seems high - thoughts? I could have a full front respray done for that!

He said given the wheel arches are a different panel from the fender, and all the intricate cutouts required, it's adds to the material and labor.

I guess the silver lining is - it's only $150 to remove it all and the paint under there has been protected all these years thanks to the prior owner.
Appreciate 0