08-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo
This issue has been heard several times before today but after I heard it again this morning I'm finally deciding to check with everyone here to see if this is a known symptom for something I need to have looked at.

It happens maybe once or twice a month immediately during startup, usually on cold starts. It sounds like something is grinding very LOUD, and lasts for maybe 2-3 seconds. Because it doesn't happen that often (and when it does it scares the shit out of me), I'm never prepared to check where the source of the noise is coming from.

Anyone had a similar experience with their X5M? Obviously I can't take it to the dealer and have them replicate the problem, so I'm not sure what to do about it.
I think I have heard what u experienced a few totally random times. The only way I can describe what I have heard was like if you tried starting an already started car. If that makes any sense I think we have all done it once or twice making that horrible grinding sound. I have heard it on both my E70's.
Appreciate 0