View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #11
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

This is one of those cars that requires the right buyer at the right time. It's very limited in production so not many people know what it is. The fact that it can ONLY be had with 3 pedals basically limits the entire driving population down to about 12% that CAN buy it.

There's two scenarios at work here. You can easily list the car for $32,000 and have it sold within days for MORE because someone is looking for this exact car. Or you can list it for $24,000 and have it sit for months and months and not get a single sniff.

My only recommendation is, if you really want to sell the car, you will need to learn to be patient, because no matter what price you list it at, you can potentially sell the car within days, or wait 6-8 months for the first phone call. I personally wouldn't bother trying to sell the car because of the reasons you listed. I would sell the car only when the right buyer come calling (actually, I wouldn't even do that since I've already had long time friends offer me over $30K for the car, and it's an '06 with a lot of track miles).

Hold on to it. Put up feelers on a couple of message boards. Eventually someone will come across threads like this and send you a PM or email asking if the car is still for sale. Then you can talk. Otherwise, to sell this car for what you want to sell it for in the timeframe you're looking at is all based on luck.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1