08-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #15
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Here is a partial fix.These stainless steel vents found on the hood of all the preproduction,tester X6's.I've wondered why on many occasions that these vents did not make it to production vehicles.Especially on a TT engine that we all know runs hotter than a normally aspirated engine.On the TTV8...these vents would be right above the TT's in the vee of the engine.Seems like a nobrainer to me. Thanks! PalBay
Well, if you look at this picture, you can see where these additional vents would end up. I'm not sure they would have anything to do with removing any additional heat from the engine compartment!!!

They would end up right on top of the fresh air intake for the passenger compartment!

That is unless those pictures palbay took of the original prototype cars actaually had some other duct configuration under the hood!

Name:  TTV8.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  170.1 KB
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0