Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I want some ceramic pads as well for my X6M. When I had my e70 I had Carbotech make some pads for me. i had to send them the blanks since they did not have the blanks and they installed their bobcat compound on them. Maybe contact them and see if they can help you.

UPDATE: I contacted Carbotech. They do make Ceramic Brake Pads for the X6M & X5M. They need to order the blanks but they are available. Turnaround is 4-5 days. The compound is the Bobcat 1521. I had a set on my E70 X5 and found them very good pads. They have a good bite and are very low dusting, excellent fade resistance. To be honest I did have some squealing initially then it went away and then returned for a bit, I re-bedded the pads and it went away again. There are many reviews on the net if you want to Google. I have gone over a 2 week period without washing my summer wheels and they still looked clean, (of course this was not the norm since I wash the vehicle at least once a week). Whatever is in the compound seemed to be less corrosive because I had no pitting on the rotor hats or embedded brake dust on the calipers or wheels throughout the life of the pads. Stoptech makes a pad as well, but from what I can tell through review comments is that Stoptech's dust a lot. You can look up at http://www.ctbrakes.com/

Appreciate 0