08-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #21
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
I'll just leave this right here.

No one claimed - EVER - that BMW makes the most reliable cars. These things (E70 X5 Ms) are disasters waiting to happen, all you have to do is open the general discussion forum and scroll to see it.

To answer your question, I went form JB to Velos. Albeit, it was the Stage 1 piggy. It was easy to tell the stress it was putting on the components just by the way the power surged and then fell off in midrange, just to pick up again before the redline. I had it for a year and it was a year too long. I wouldn't even try to flip it to another forum member.

People, like you, that picked up the JB4 BETA got hosed. From what I understand, they don't even offer it anymore. It's a shame. Are they not supporting it at all anymore?

I appreciate what you're trying to do and I understand your frustration. Everyone here understands the risk of tuning, that was my point.

I no longer want to derail this thread, good luck getting your ride sorted out. I feel for you.
Did the switch to Velos make a huge difference? Obviously like you said, no dip in the midrange, but overall is it something you would recommend or all things considered, would you just leave it stock? (All things like: cost.)

Are you running downpipes? Can the obd2 be killed with Velos?

Thanks in advance man and sorry for having to be an efftard. It happens. :-)
Appreciate 0