Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i w/ SA Package

Garage List
1976 Triumph TR6  [10.00]
1993 Bentley Turbo R  [10.00]
2011 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESONofSAM View Post
Thank you for the good advice, I actually live in Westchester which is 10 minutes from NYC and the roads around here during the winter especially when it snows are pretty bad, and if we get another winter like last year I will most likely need to buy a set of Blizzacks or Pirellis ( or if you recommend anything which you think are better). I just wasn't sure if I should get a dedicated winter setup or I could get away with mounting winter tires on the 333 style wheels. Like I said I'm still a newbie when it comes to these sav's and I appreciate everybody's help and advise especially since it will be driven 90% of the time by my wife and 7 m.o. daughter
You're welcome. I bought a used set for winter, which are replica 214s with virtually new Pirelli Scorpions. I felt it would be easier than the stress (on the rims and TPMS) of mounting and remounting tires only. Although they have a little curb rash (which I attempted to repair), they were only $1000, which included one newer spare. I haven't driven on them yet, so I have no opinion on the Pirellis yet. It's all a matter of preference.
Appreciate 0