View Single Post
      10-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
MonteCarloX5///M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

That's exactly what I am feeling/hearing as well. More-so when the car hasn't been running for too long, but it's exactly what you described. What's the fix for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Wally- Yes, I agree, it does in fact look like a control arm bushing. My buddy has a pre LCI 4.8i and he's the one that pointed it out. But, when I found the same part on the X5M, it stated as being a "hydrobearing". The ones on TMS are OEM, but they're only $75/each (it says they must be replaced in pairs...)

MonteCarlo- You'll have to bear with me. I picked up the M the Friday before Labor Day, and then left home for a couple months on Sept. 2nd. So, I only put a few hundred miles on it before I left. But, basically, we get a very hollow knocking sound over bumps. From all my experience, I was thinking either strut mount, wheel bearing, or possible control arm bushing. Our noise definitely comes from the passenger side, somewhat hard to determine if its front or rear, but we definitely hear it quite a bit. I did take the X out and did some fast left/right jerking with the wheel to see if I could get it to do anything with sudden side/side movements, and I could hear it, but not much. I didn't notice any noise when braking or accelerating. Mostly just over bumps.

Of course, I didn't get under it to see if anything was obvious either. When I get back home (won't be home until mid November) I have to buy a floor jack big enough to handle this pig!

Hope that helps... Perhaps you can elaborate more as well and we can get to the bottom of the noises...
Appreciate 0