View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 03:05 PM   #74
Windshieldfarmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
Tesla is an appliance. It’s not a car. It’s junk slap together with glue. Rivian, Porsche, Audi and BMW are Real car manufactures, trying to create a difference.

If you bought a Tesla that’s fine but Tesla people are not car people and that’s just how it is. There’s a bazillion Teslas in my neighborhood where I live and the people who drive them are not interested in styling or performance or handling.. they are only interested in electrical appliances feel.
Very exciting for BMW. This feels like BMW is back.
For better or for worse Tesla really got the ball rolling on mass produced EVs. They are indeed a “real” manufacturer using truly cutting edge technologies. While I’m less than impressed with their autos in terms of fit and finish, Tesla’s UI is unbeaten.

I am happy to see BMW and others finally stepping up to the plate with competitive products but I do find it interesting that BMW seems to be adopting a nuanced approach to Tesla’s single screen interface. Perhaps Tesla had something figured out before everyone else. I suspect we’ll see the same thing with megacasting manufacturing processes in the years to come. I may not like everything Tesla does but they are true innovators…for better or for worse.

Competition is a good thing and I hope BMW’s new EV’s hit a home run!
Appreciate 4
Vervain397.50
FrozenGT1125.50