View Single Post
      08-31-2020, 06:03 PM   #9
chris604
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Hard to tell with those pics. The problem is if it's the turbo oil return housing leak, oil builds up In the valley of engine and eventually works its way out a weep hole at back of engine and then runs down back and all over like in your pics BUT so can the oil cooler return lines which are routed on the passenger side of the engine.

I would jack it up and pull the passenger side tire, from there you can follow the oil cooler lines from the passenger side oil cooler back to the engine, see if there is any cracks or leaks on it. If not then you know it's your turbo oil return housing.

One last thing to consider is leaky oil filter housing cover or oil pressure switch, all located on passenger side. I doubt it since the dealer should have caught that right away but best double check it.
Thanks for that. I will do that. But, also the dealer said specifically it was an oil return leak, and I did notice that some bolts were loose near the oil filter on the bottom of the truck. So, I guess they were digging around in there to do a quick check on it, I'm assuming
Appreciate 0