View Single Post
      04-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Xfanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 5.0i

Door open alert issue !!!!!

I bought my 2014 X6 5.0 in February of 2018. It has 35,000 miles. It is still covered under the maintenance and factory warranty. I bought the car from a used car dealership (not BMW). The car has only 1 previous owner.

2 weeks after getting the X6 I get in the truck and after driving for 10 minutes the door open alert came on and the interior lighting came on. I got out, opened and closed all the doors, got back in and the alert was off. I drove off and the alert came back on, interior lighting was still on. Once I came to the next traffic light the alert went off. Every time I'd accelerate the alert would come back on and once I came to a stop the alert would go off. I manual turned off the interior lights and dealt with the alert chimes all the way home. Annoying as hell!!!

Once home I turned off the X6 and locked the doors but the locking chime did not sound. I noticed the interior lights were still on. I turned them off and locked the doors. Still the locked chime would not sound. All the doors were locked though. The next day the truck was completely normal. A few days later it happened again.

-1st Bmw visit - BMW said the door handles needed to be changed. All 4 were changed.

1 week later the same thing happened again indicating the drivers side door.

-2nd BMW visit - BMW changed the actuator for the drivers door.

1 week later the same thing happened again this time indicating the passenger door.

-3rd BMW visit - BMW changed the footwell module.

2 days later the same thing happened again indicating the drivers door.

I'm dropping the truck off this week for the 4th time.

Has anyone else had this else? I need help understanding this. Please!
Appreciate 0