Thread: STAGE II
View Single Post
      06-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

I have the Dinan tune on my X6 and really notice it. Here is some insight on my experience, though. Although the transmission in our cars is great, I think it up shifts too quickly and is rarely in the optimal gear for acceleration. I use the flip pedals on the column a lot. The trannny seems to seek the most efficient gear for gas mileage vs performance unless I'm in sport mode. Just stepping on the gas in a high gear on my car does not convey the urgency I'm looking for from it unless I drop a gear. I've gotten so used to SMGs and regular manuals that I've turned into a real control freak with the automatic. My point is that I know the HP and engine performance are there, but the auto transmission tends to undermine the experience unless I interact with it a little more directly. I think my car has 6 gears and yours has 7. If your car has already jumped to 6th or 7th gear by 50mph in normal driving, then I think the extra ponies won't be as noticeable as the gears are too high for the performance feel we all like. Hope I make sense.
Appreciate 0