United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msan View Post
Any updates?
Yea, sorry, should have came back quicker.

Took it to the shop, they swapped Tcase fluid and did an oil change.

So far it seems the Tcase fluid has helped tremendously! The jerk motion when coming to a stop has gone away and I think a majority of the vibration has died down pulling from a light. That said I don't think it has totally disappeared.

They did their massive review of the vehicle and came back saying they wouldn't replace anything or nothing looked out of sort. Was surprised but good news I guess. I do need to go back to them and try to get a better balance job on the tires as I think that will solve a piece of it. From there I might have them look at the drive shafts. Front shaft has an extended warranty I believe that I might still be able to use at the dealership. Will have to dig through paperwork. Otherwise I think I will possibly have them start replacing engine mounts and things along the way during every visit.

They also used 5w-40 liquid moly oil instead of the OEM 5w-30 stuff that it has had it's entire life. Looking to see if that slows down the oil usage at all. Ours has never been bad but it seems to be increasing now that we drive in more stop and go traffic.

I'll keep everyone up to date as she goes and hope it helps someone. I think today or tomorrow I am pulling the trigger on getting back into a BMW though with a 2015 X5M. The Q7 was nice but a bit too boring for me after having the E90 M3. Looking forward to seeing how well it holds up for 120k miles.